1. Don’t be afraid to get started. Stop procrastinating and get motivated to begin now.
2. Start out simple. One drawer, one cupboard or closet is good way to start.
3. When starting a project, whether a drawer or closet, empty the entire area and clean and wipe down the space. You will be accomplishing two tasks at once.
4. Don’t be afraid to throw away or donate unused items that are just taking up space. Maybe even have a garage sale to make some money.
5. Clothes and toys go out of style and get outgrown. Now is the time to re-evaluate what to keep and what to replace or eliminate. Stop and ask yourself when was the last time I used or wore this item.
6. Watch out for expiration dates when cleaning and organizing a pantry, refrigerator or medicine closet.
7. Ask yourself, what do I use this space for? Whether it is your bedroom, home office, entry or family room, organizing is done according to how the space is utilized.
8. Remember most of all, a place for everything and everything in its place. Having an organized system keeps your home clutter free.
9. To keep clutter from accumulating, remember the simple rule of one new thing in and one old thing out.
10. Call a professional to start and keep you motivated and on track for all your organizing needs. There is no reason to go it alone.