Start the New Year out right by making your resolution to have a clutter and stress free home. After the holidays are over we all have a tendency to feel little bit of a letdown. The winter months are a great time to get started organizing your home. With the cold weather we all spend a lot more time indoors.
Why not put that time to good use getting organized? It is not necessary to accomplish everything at once. That can be a bit overwhelming. Don’t look at the entire house and think I don’t know where to start. Pick one room to start with. Rome wasn’t defeated in a day and neither will your clutter. You don’t need to organize the entire room in one day. Start simple. Even one drawer, closet or kitchen cabinet is a good way to begin.
Using this approach, little by little the whole house will be organized and clutter free. By spring time both you and your house can feel fresh and renewed. Running a household, working and raising a family often leave very little time and energy to accomplish any of this. Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for help. A professional organizer can inexpensively assist you to achieve the well-organized home that will save you time and reduce frustration.
Call the Merry Organizer today for a free consultation in your home to assess your needs and to get started for a better and more organized home and life. 865-233-0785 0ffice or 803-237-8574 mobile.
1. Don’t be afraid to get started. Stop procrastinating and get motivated to begin now.
2. Start out simple. One drawer, one cupboard or closet is good way to start.
3. When starting a project, whether a drawer or closet, empty the entire area and clean and wipe down the space. You will be accomplishing two tasks at once.
4. Don’t be afraid to throw away or donate unused items that are just taking up space. Maybe even have a garage sale to make some money.
5. Clothes and toys go out of style and get outgrown. Now is the time to re-evaluate what to keep and what to replace or eliminate. Stop and ask yourself when was the last time I used or wore this item.
6. Watch out for expiration dates when cleaning and organizing a pantry, refrigerator or medicine closet.
7. Ask yourself, what do I use this space for? Whether it is your bedroom, home office, entry or family room, organizing is done according to how the space is utilized.
8. Remember most of all, a place for everything and everything in its place. Having an organized system keeps your home clutter free.
9. To keep clutter from accumulating, remember the simple rule of one new thing in and one old thing out.
10. Call a professional to start and keep you motivated and on track for all your organizing needs. There is no reason to go it alone.